Mr Peter Chu
Consulting Times: Fridays monthly - bookings 9329 4009.
MBBS, FRACS, BMedSci
Mr Chu graduated from Melbourne University in 1993 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, and a Bachelor of Medical Science in Immunology through the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medicine
Having gained his Fellowship from The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in General Surgery in 2002, he recently obtained a second fellowship from The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Vascular Surgery and completed an Endovascular Fellowship through Epworth Hospital.
Mr Chu currently has an appointment as Vascular Surgeon at the Austin & Repatriation Hospital in Heidelberg and at Royal Melbourne in Parkville, and has admitting rights to a number of private hospitals in Melbourne, including Epworth Private Hospital, Cabrini Medical Centre, Knox Private and Warringal Private Hospitals.
His areas of interest in vascular surgery include:
- Management of leg ulceration and claudication
- Acute and chronic arterial insufficiency
- Venous diseases including spider vein injections sclerotherapy, foam echosclerotherapy, endovenous laser and radiofrequency ablation
- Arterial aneurysms (open and endovascular treatment of aortic and popliteal aneurysms)
- Carotid artery disease and stroke prevention (including caratid stenting)
- Renovascular hypertension
- Management of hyperhidrosis, causalgia, thoratic outlet sydrome, vasculitides and vasospastic disorders such as Raynaud's phenomenon
- Central venous access and dialysis access
- Vascular complications in endurance athletes
- Mr Chu is committed to providing a comprehensive, reliable and readily accessible vascular surgical service at Melbourne Private Hospital.